- Connect your Apple TV via HDMI to your AVR
- Many AVRs have HDMI access on the front panel
- You can view the Surround Sound Signal Generator on the screen
- Use the Apple TV remote to initiate the test tone on each speaker
- Make sure all the speakers are working
This is a time proven step that can save you much time. Setting up your calibration gear comes later in the process. Too often, you can begin a calibration only to discover an obvious problem that turns the calibration into a service call. Make sure the system is ready to be calibrated before you painstakingly set up you microphone kit. It’s not a bad idea to use this process before agreeing to calibrate or to augment your service calls.